Friday, March 7, 2014

Munch Pak - Mini first Box

 

MUNCH PAK - MINI

Munch Pak is a "snacks from around the world" box. They have a lot of different options, you can get the box each week, twice a month or once every month. www.munchpak.com
Prices also vary based on size of box and how often you choose to have your subscription arrive. I opted for the Munch Pak Mini as its just me and hubby so I dont need a Family Pak and also didnt choose the Regular size as I wanted a box small enough to fit in my mail box.
The cost for the Munch Pak Mini is $7.95, I also opted for twice a month to start with then may change to just once monthly depending on how I felt once trying it. This box ships to USA and Canada (hallelujah!)
 
 
Here is a blurb from their website which describes why Munch Pak was created and the basic idea of it...
 
" MunchPak was created and developed by two guys who love to snack and hate running to the store. You probably heard about us from one of the many popular social networks, a search engine, or someone you know. You probably also heard MunchPak sends out the best snacks from all over the US and World.

     MunchPak was built and designed with the intention of letting people try the most popular snacks, and of course, local favorites from all over the world. There are tons of great tasting snacks from quality companies all over the US that aren’t offered in every state. There are also thousands of other delicious snacks made by various companies all over the world.

     At MunchPak, we are constantly partnering with new and popular snack brands from all over the US and rest of the world. We love sending our subscribers new, interesting, and always delicious snacks every month. "
 MunchPaks are filled with popular snacks and old favorites from the US, Canada, Japan, UK, and others
 
So now on to my pak!

 
Rowntree's Randoms  - UK
The sweets have six natural fruit flavours:
blackcurrant, cherry, strawberry, orange, lime and lemon and four different textures: regular jelly, foam-backed jelly, foamy sweet and liquid-filled foam-backed jelly. The sweets are given the appearance of everyday objects, including ice cream cones, snowflakes, pigs, roller-blades, saxophones, sports cars, musical notes, paint brushes, bicycles, bow ties, ping pong paddles, flowers, puzzle pieces, buses and palm trees, hence the name Rowntrees "Randoms." 

Hubby was familiar with these and gobbled a few up, they were yummy and I usually LOVE candy or chocolates from the UK so this was a hit for both of us.
 



CADBURY TWIRL BAR  - UK
Thin and flaky layers of Cadbury milk chocolate, coated with more milk chocolate.
I ate this first and loved it, love anything chocolate!
 
Barratt Refreshers - UK
Fruit flavour fizzy sweets in a roll. Raspberry, lemon, lime and orange flavours. Have not tried yet.


Gansito Cookie  - Mexico
Gansito snack cake, which some people think taste similar to Twinkies, with the exception of strawberry jelly along with the creamy filling and that it is covered in chocolate with chocolate sprinkle topping. Have not tried yet.

 
Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies - USA
A pack of two soft baked Grandma's peanut butter flavour cookies. Made by Frito Lay in the USA. These were yummy and very good though not as sweet as home made ones but I liked that they were not too overpoweringly peanut flavoured.
 

 
Unknown Japan? China?
Not sure what this one is, as nothing is written in English and there is no product info cards... but looks alot like candied Bacon but I am a bit cautious to try it. For items like this they should include some kind of note saying what it is.
   
 
HI-CHEW - Japan
Hi-Chew is a fruit-flavored chewy Japanese candy sold by Morinaga & Company. Loved these, tasted alot like Starburst candy.


Tayto Cheese & Onion - Ireland
Tayto is Ireland's No.1 crisp pack, and are packed full of scrumptious Irish Grown Potatoes, cooked in 100% Sunflower Oil and seasoned with our own secret cheese & onion recipe! I have alot of Irish background and I am very excited to try these. **Update** I tried them on March 11 and damn are they good. I hope to get more next time.
 
 
Salsitas - Spicy Salsa Chips - Mexico
Salsa flavored tortilla chips from Mexico. Have not tried but I do love Mexican food and if they are spicy I will probably love them.
 
 
 
Overall Opinion
 
Really love this service so far, I love the variety and trying things from other places. Its like travelling there and bringing food back without the cost of travelling lol. I would love to see at least 1 item from Canada just to see what they would have chosen, but hey Im from Canada so maybe they dont send you things from your own country as it defeats the purpose of trying new things. Everything I have tasted from my Pak have been good so far and I am excited to see what they send me next. LOVE stuff from Europe and I was pleased to find Ireland in this box. I also really like how fast I received the box, it was packed well and very easy to order (they take Paypal!) as well it is great that they send salty, sweet, sour, spicy, and savory snacks, they covered everything. I dont think a larger sized box is needed for us unless I switched to just 1 box a month then it would last longer, but having two mini's a month at a pound per box is equal to a Regular 2 pound box just spread out within the month.
 
Very happy with MunchPak, A+

No comments:

Post a Comment