Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How to decide which Boxes to keep and Which Boxes to Toss


How to decide which Boxes to keep and Which Boxes to Toss


 At some point unless you are rich, there comes a time in this Subscription Box addiction where you (or me in this case) have to decide which boxes are your favorites and are most worthy of being kept and which ones to say goodbye to.

And man it is hard to decide!  

To narrow it down, for me I thought about which ones are the most fun to get, which ones am I getting good use out of, which ones are worth the price and have generally easy to handle shipping or overall customer service is the best etc.


 

IPSY

For me Ipsy is one that I am still on the fence about being subscribed to, because while I do wear makeup, I already have enough from Ipsy, other bags and my own shopping to paint all the faces of the tenants in my apartment building (men included) every day for at least a year lol. However, it is a FUN bag to get, comes in the mail box, don’t have to pick it up if I am not home, and it’s the cheapest bag out of all the ones I sub to. So for those reasons, for now it stays.

 

Wantable

Well Wantable for me has been hit and miss, though I never hated or disliked anything enough to send the boxes back, and the reason for that is because every box has always included at least 1-2 things I really did like. But honestly, for the cost which is over $50 Canadian for each box which is $150 if you do all three per month it’s just too expensive to do as a monthly thing. It’s definitely exciting and fun getting the boxes and the customized boxes are sometimes personalized very well to suit your preferences. Also how much jewellery, makeup (again) and intimates do you need on a monthly basis. I will come back whenever the curiosity strikes but for now I am done with Wantable for a while.

 

Madame Ladybug

I considered letting Madame Ladybug go just because of the cost only, but after thinking it through I realized how much good use I am getting out of this subscription box, the pads, wipes, baggies, treats, and bonus items from both boxes that I have had so far have been used and I actually look forward to the box each month. I have re-subscribed for 3 more months of Madame Ladybug and really do enjoy their services. The snacks of this box and the Munch Pak box which I also get have been replacing having to buy items as snacks for work and I really love trying new things which this box and Munch Pak both provide to me. Also the customer service at Madame Ladybug is the friendliest I have experienced thus far and they really seem grateful to have the customer base that they are getting. Highly recommend.

 

Munch Pak

As mentioned above I really love the idea of trying new things when it comes to food, so Munch Pak is really a fun and interesting box to get. The price, even for a monthly box ($18.40 CDN) is not too expensive and I love the exposure to new foods from all over the world. Keeping this box for a while!

 Your Bijoux Box

This one I am also torn about, as I am a jewellery nut and the price at approximately $35 a month is fabulous, however I do have a LARGE collection already. The quality is good for costume jewellery, you sometimes might find a clasp that will not open or a missing stone but I haven’t had any serious issues with Your Bijoux Box other than the above mentioned. The real drawback is that some of the pieces they have sent me so far are not wearable for me for anything other than a special occasion. The statement pieces are sometimes just too flashy to wear to work even though they do try to give you styling tips to dress them down but for me if I don’t feel comfortable wearing it I am not going to. I like flashy things but the statement pieces sometimes are really large in size and look a bit garish, they are stunning but also gaudy in a way it’s hard to explain. I have one more month to go of this box and will then decide by a month by month basis based on the preview items that Your Bijoux Box releases prior to sending out each month’s boxes, if the previews look good I will buy month by month, depending on what is shown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment